Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Orientation and mono

So I made it to nursing school orientation on Friday. The parts that stick out most is that I was assigned the lab time and the clinical hospital that I wanted; and I learned all the various ways that I can be kicked out of the program. They fed us some juice and granola bars, since we must be healthy people going in to health care. As I looked around at my cohort, I noticed that there are a few who are morbidly obese, and when we had a break at least a third went out to puff on cancer sticks. Yup. Good, healthy people.

I will be at a true nursing home for clinicals on Mondays and Tuesdays from 7 freaking early am to 1:30. Wednesday through Friday I will have classes from 9 till noon, and on Thursdays a skills lab till 2:30 too. Not too shabby. Planning to work a couple shifts a week at the assisted living home. It has grown on me.

I have been battling a sore throat and fatige for six days now. Think I have mono. That would be like me. The rest of the world is busy worrying about pig flu and I go get mono. I already had it too. Apparently it is a lovely little virus that likes to hide in your system and make an appearance to check how things have been in its absence from time to time.

Thinking about getting a tattoo. Opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment