Thursday, March 26, 2009

real post, typed real slow

I need a real keyboard... but this works to let me write a bit.

I am called Sparrow at a summer camp/outdoor education camp in Northern CA. We all had to choose cheesy, outdoorsy names for the kids to call us, because that is apparently more fun and makes it easier for us to hide our facebook identities from overly enthusiastic campers when we return to the new world. It also makes it hard for us to find each other. My phone number list in my cell has names like: Daisy, Cougar, Steller Jay, Rodeo, and Sarge, all are people I was once pretty close to, and can`t remember what their real names are.

My husband chose to be "Walker" as in Texas Ranger. This added to the kids` confusion as he was one of the few allowed to drive around on camp.

I called myself Sparrow. Not, as one parent asked, because I think so little of myself, but because I needed the daily reminder that God is in control and was taking care of me. There is a verse, I think in John, about how God will care for us abd we are not to worry; we can see that He even cares for even the smallest sparrows. (my paraphrasing of course). Every time I was called Sparrow, Iwas reminded of this promise. I have a little sparrow figuriene to this day on my nightstand as a reminder, and thought continuing the name would be nice in continuing quest to learn not to worry.

what would you name yourself?

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You really started a blog!

    OK, Scott says he would name himself Eeyore.

    I think I would be Javelina. Or Jackal. Or Spleen.

    ReplyDelete